How many of you out there have a case of the butter fingers? I know I do! Of course my cell phone is one of the main things I am always dropping, which is why I am glad I have a glass screen protector on my phone. It is much cheaper to buy a replacement screen protector than a whole new phone.
So are you like me and have a serious case of the butter fingers? Well I highly recommend if you are, and your cell phone is one of things you drop regularly, that you might look into getting one of these cell phone screen protectors. Now don’t worry I know with all the new technology things can get confusing sometimes, so I am going to explain all the details of what you need to know when you decide to purchase one.
I will also be letting you in on 2 ways that you can easily apply them and pros and cons to each way. I want to make buying and using a cell phone screen protector as easy I as possibly can for you. So are you interested?
What Is A Cell Phone Screen Protector?
Back in 1968 is when screen protectors actually came around. However, at this time they were designed for TV’s since cell phone had not been invented yet. Over time, of course they have been modified to fit the version we know have today. Offering our wonderful invention of the cell phone some great protection, and providing your cell phone protection against shattered screens!
As far as a cell phone goes the screen protectors use 3 different materials to make them. Which yes I will tell you about in the next topic. However, what they offer is various levels of protection for the screen on your smart phone. It can help protect it from things like scratches, accidental drops that would normally shatter your screen, and even smudges from the natural oils found in our fingers and hands.
So yes a screen protector does have a lot of advantages to it. But, how much it helps to cover really depends on which type you choose to buy.
Of course everything does have a downside and cell phone screen protectors are no different. But even with these downsides people have been working on solutions for these as well. So let me explain a little about the downsides.
First off your touch screen is made with ole phobic coating so that the phone will better be able to detect you using it. Now with that being said some screen protectors know have this on there as well to help keep it from interfering with your usage.
Another small downfall, depending on which kind of screen protector you choose, your screen may feel a little different, not what you are used to. But it is not too badly noticeable.
Okay so not that you have the jiff of the idea of what a cell phone screen protector is how about we talk about the different material that are used to make them and what their pros and cons are.
3 Different Kinds Cell Phone Screen Protectors
As I mentioned above cell phone screen protectors are mainly made out of 3 different materials. Two of which are plastic and one is glass. All three offer different levels of protection as well as all three also have some downsides to them. But, don’t worry I have you covered I will explain each one to you and what the differences are. Okay so you ready?
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET for short)-Now this is one of the plastic screen protectors I was telling you about. It is also the cheapest available. But some reasons it is cheaper is it won’t withstand as much. Here let me explain a little better. It is more for people in my eyes anyways that don’t do as much damage to their phones. It will help with some scratching. This is usually sold in pack of 3.
- Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU for short)-This is the second type of plastic I was talking about. However, this one is a little more expensive, but the quality is slightly better as well. It is made with more elasticity, higher rate of scratch resistance, and is more resistant to the natural oils that come from your fingers. One other plus factor the TPU has above the PET is that it can withstand some soft impacts simply because it has more elasticity to it.
- Tempered glass-Of course I am sure you guessed this is the highest priced. But even though it is a higher price it does have a lot better qualities. Alright let’s take a look at tempered glass real quick. First off this style is multilayered. How is this helpful? Well that is simple say you drop your phone well the tempered glass will take the all the fall of course depending on how bad it is. But in normal cases yes the tempered glass will take the brunt of it. Which means yes your screen protector is probably shattered but your phone will not be. Since the Glass cell phone screen protector is cheaper than a new phone you will be saving some money. Now the glass also has a couple more advantages like it helps to reflect glares, and it also resists scratches even better than the other two plastic ones.
Okay so know do have a little better idea of which kind of cell phone screen protector would be better for you and your lifestyle?
The way I see it, it really depends on how rough and tough you are with your cell phone. If you happen to have an older one and you are very careful with it a PET screen cover might just be right for you. However, if you are more like me and have butter fingers, well let’s just say I have a glass screen protector on mine and I like it a lot.
Now since you have a better idea of which type to get how about we look at the methods of how to install them. This way you are completely prepared when you go out and purchase your own.
How To Apply Cell Phone Screen Protectors
Basically there is only 2 methods to applying a cell phone screen protector. Wet and dry. Both can be effective, however, there is a little of difference in how to apply and what the outcome is, so here you go.
- The dry method-this method is what it sounds like. You don’t use any sort of liquid to apply it. The dry method stays put because of static electricity. To apply your cell phone screen protector using the dry method, first you want to make sure your screen is completely clean of all debris and dust particles. Once it is completely and I do mean completely clean, you simply apply it. Now don’t worry if you don’t get it right the first time you can take it off and try again. But it is that easy.
- The wet method-this method is a little more tedious. You still need to make sure your screen is completely clean, simply because you don’t want something to be stuck between your screen and your screen protector this could cause extra scratches. After it is all clean you want to apply water to the bottom side of the screen protector, but make sure it is not dripping wet. (Personally I would use a damp cloth and run over it just enough to dampen it.) Then you go about putting it on your screen. Keep in mind though it is wet and it will slide around a little easier, so you may want to play around with it a tiny bit to get it where you want it. Now a plus side this has is that people have mentioned that it is easier to remove any air bubbles when you use a wet method to apply your cell phone screen protector.
So there you have it folks, easy and effective ways to apply your newly bought cell phone screen protector. Not too bad right?
Take a peek at how well tempered glass screen protectors work!
So How About A Cell Phone Screen Protector?
Now I hope you have a better idea of what purpose a cell phone screen protector serves, which one would best fit you with your lifestyle, and how to easily apply one. So the only question left is do you think it would serve a purpose for you?
For me, yes completely I can’t go trusting my butter fingers with much these days, and this saves me a lot of money in the long run.
Do You Suffer From Butter Fingers?
Tired Of Buying A New Phone?
Solve This With A Screen Protector!
Well I do want to thank you for coming by, it is always a pleasure to have guests. I hope you found some valuable information to consider.
As always I welcome comments, ideas, suggestions, or even questions. Please free to use the comment box below or you can email me at the address I have also provided below.
Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
(I do want to state that due to huge varieties of different phones available I am not able to fit them all on here. However, if you do not see what you are looking for please let me know and I will be glad to help. Thank you)